Melbourne Cup Sweep
Melbourne Cup 2012 Results - Order of finish:
|1st||14. Green Moon (IRE)||Brett Prebble||Robert Hickmott||$20.80||$6.60|
|2nd||11. Fiorente (IRE)||James McDonald||Gai Waterhouse||$12.30|
|3rd||3. Jakkalberry (IRE)||Colm O'Donoghue||Marco Botti||$15.70|
|4th||24. Kelinni (IRE)||Glen Boss||Chris Waller|
In the meantime with a deposit of only twenty-five dollars you can join an online bookmaker, receive a bonus up to $500, and get your Melbourne Cup betting on!
What is a sweep?A sweep is a competition run during a popular sporting event such as the Melbourne Cup where people purchase a ticket, each representing a horse in the race. The tickets are drawn out randomly to each person so there is no element of skill involved.
The prize pool typically is formed from the total amount of tickets sold, divided amongst the ticket holders of the winning horses. Generally the winner will take out half of the prize pool with the remainder divided on a sliding scale to second, third, and sometimes fourth place.
It’s a great way to enjoy the biggest day of the year between your family and colleagues.
How do I print the sweep?The Melbourne Cup Sweepstake will be a downloadable PDF, allowing you to print directly. Once you have downloaded the sweep, double click the file on your desktop and click print.
How does it work?
1) Print the page and cut out each of the tickets
2) Fold the tickets and have each entrant draw their ticket out of a hat with each person paying the same amount of money per ticket (e.g. $10)
3) Award prizes based on the pool of money everybody put in.
For example, if everybody put in $10, the total pool of money will be $240. You might choose to allocate $150 to the winner of the race, $50 to second and $40 to third place. Just make sure you work out the prize amounts before you the big race!
4) You can print out more than one page if you have more than 24 people entering, just run a couple of sweeps at the same time!
- If a horse gets scratched, tough luck!
- Make sure you don't collect the money after each sweep is drawn - otherwise they might change their mind if they draw an unfavoured horse!
- Make sure you jump on Punters Paradise to compare the odds and collect free bets when you join a bookmaker!
Melbourne Cup Horses
|#1 Dunaden||Mikel Delzangles|
|#2 Americain||Alain de Royer Dupre|
|#3 Jakkalberry||Marco Botti|
|#4 Red Cadeaux||Ed Dunlop|
|#5 Winchester||John Sandler|
|#6 Voila Ici||Peter Moody|
|#7 Cavalryman||Saeed bin Suroor|
|#8 Mount Athos||Luca Cumani|
See Melbourne Cup Form Guide »
See Melbourne Cup Odds »
Melbourne Cup Menu
Everything needed for a win on the great race!
See Australia's best Melbourne Cup tips!
See the top horses likely to run in this years race.
Free speed maps, stats, horse profiles and more.
Compare and get the best available 2012 odds.
Review past winners and see the 2012 results
Compare bookmakers and get free bets!